I haven't gotten any more acceptances, but I also haven't been rejected anywhere yet, so I guess that's something to be happy about! Despite that, we have gotten some news, most of which is pretty good.
On Saturday, I finally got official notification of my BU acceptance, in a nice leather portfolio with a super-nice pen! And (here's the kicker) the packet included notification that I've been given a dean's scholarship in the Public & Nonprofit Program totaling $30k per year. Tuition is about $35k a year at BU, so we could get an MBA from a top 50 school for a whopping $10,000 (over two years). Pretty impressive, I think. So, at least for the moment, BU is back on the negotiating table.
This revelation wasn't the big hit you'd think it would be with the financial planner of the house, who made a grumpy face and was heard muttering something about having to go buy a Tedy Bruschi jersey. $30k or no, someone isn't thrilled with the idea of living in the land of the New England Patriots :)
I also received my official notification from UNC - it was a nice binder full of information about the program and Chapel Hill. Exciting, but it didn't include any financial aid information, so we don't know if they're going to even come close to BU's offer. Apparently they send financial aid notifications out on Thursday - hopefully it will be full of Valentine's love for us!
And then the Monday news - I've been asked to interview at London AND the University of Chicago! This is pretty exciting - they do not ask everyone to interview, so this means I still have a chance!! I've learned through the application process that being asked to interview at these schools is a big deal, so I'm thrilled they consider my application strong enough to warrant the interview.
We're glad we have so many options, at least for the moment, but living in limbo is tough. I think we'll both be thrilled when we can actually make a decision and start making moving plans!
- Rose
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment