Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why Latin?

Because I took four years of it in high school, and I really should get some use out of it. It means 'the die is cast' and Caesar said it (supposedly). Anyway, I think it's appropriate for this year of our lives. I've applied to school (yay!), so our die has been cast. This means (in theory) that we'll be moving sometime this year.

I know that I can't expect anyone to remember what's going on with us, particularly since I can't remember myself most days. So I thought we'd post here, so you're updated whenever we get new information. And so my mother can look here instead of asking me (on every phone conversation) "Where is Northwestern again?" (it's north of Chicago, Mom).

So I am going to (hopefully) go to business school to get my MBA. I've applied to 7 schools (thanks to Rich and Amanda for all of their fine editing work). None of them are in southern California, which is why we'll most likely be moving. I've listed all the schools to the right over here, along with their decision dates. So if I don't post on those days, you can certainly assume the worst :) With the exception of BU, they're all top 25 schools (and BU is still top 50!), so competition is pretty fierce. I'll be happy if I get in anywhere!

- Rose

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IF it exists, and it doesn't in my world, it would be EXTREMELY cold north of Chicago, and windy, and far, far away from anything else, and, and cold and windy. My grandchile's whiskers will freeze. I'm sure something of Jonathans' will freeze and your butt would be blue, blue, blue ALL THE TIME. i'm jest saying....