Monday, January 21, 2008

Yo ho, yo ho . . .




a pirate's life for me!





I promised Rose that I would take her to Disneyland after she took the GMAT. Then I said I'd take her after the wedding. Then I said I'd take her after the applications were done. So I (finally) kept my promise and we went on Saturday.

Our adventure began in the Lion King parking lot, Timon 15E. After a brief but thrilling ride on the parking lot tram, we entered the happiest place on earth. For those who haven't been on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride recently, take note: there are now three Jack Sparrows and two drops (not one!). Sadly, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the Haunted Mansion were both closed. But the Winnie the Pooh ride and 'It's a Small World' were both (thankfully) open.

After filling up on Mickey-shaped rice krispie treats
and hot chocolate, we finished our tour at Autopia.
Yes, despite having a turbo-charged Saab with seat
heaters waiting for us in the parking lot, we waited
in line for an hour to drive a tin go-cart with little
steering and no brakes.

At least Rose had a good time driving . . .



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy you got the trip in, otherwise, you would be looking forward to a VERY long life of being reminded that, "you still have to take me!"