Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day weekend in Chicago

Our trip to Chicago over Memorial Day weekend was a success - we found a place to live!! After many hours of driving around looking for rental signs, and showing up for appointments we'd scheduled, we happened upon one 'For Rent' sign on Howe Street. Since the place didn't look scary, and was on a great street, we put in a call to the owners.

David (originally from Australia) met us on Monday to show the place. It's a three story, 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom condo. It also has a fully enclosed courtyard, an updated kitchen, one (heated!!) garage spot, and tons of storage. There are multiple huge windows letting in a ton of light, and a huge office with built-in bookshelves. It's also insanely expensive, but that's because Lincoln Park is the Beverly Hills of Chicago, apparently (see earlier post about our expensive taste). So as we're leaving, David asks if we want his information, and we say "Umm, we'll take it. Our plane leaves tomorrow, and we kinda need a place to live." He seemed surprised but pleased to have the whole renting process be so very easy.

So here's a couple of photos of the outside of our new digs:


1 comment:

Amanda, Ben and Harper said...

I want pictures of the inside! I'm kinda pizzizeled. I'm quitting your blog if I don't get inside pics.

-Amanda