Tomorrow is my first day of school - sort of. I'm taking the pre-MBA statistics course, as I've never taken a statistics class in my life and it may actually be important to this business education I've embarked upon. So it's not a required course, and it doesn't count for credit, and yet tomorrow I will pack my bookbag and Jonathan will pat me on the head as I go to school for the first time in 5 years. Five days of non-stop statistics fun!
My 'real' classes start on September 25, which seems like a very long way off. However, the three weeks before that are filled with what appears to be a never-ending deluge of orientation madness they call 'Core'. We show up to Core on September 9, and the very next day they pack us all into buses and cart us out to Wisconsin for a 3 day, 2 night leadership training experience. From what I understand, this involves us being divided into groups, wearing matching t-shirts and doing ropes course-style activities. Everyone swears that it's like, so much fun, but I have my doubts, for two main reasons. One, it appears to be a very touchy-feely, getting-to-know you kind of experience; those who know me may realize that doesn't exactly describe my personality. And two - let's see, when was the last time I went to 'camp' with large group of people, was bossed around, wore matching clothes, slept in a room with other girls, shared a large public bathroom, and spent the days doing 'training' that included multiple ropes courses? Oh, that's right . . . and the first idiot to utter 'hoo-ah' may leave Wisconsin in an ambulance . . .
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If anybody screws with you, just let 'em know that you are an army of one. By the way, you crack me up!
Love,
Amanda
Dear army of one,
NO TERRORIZING THE NATIVES! Play nice, you may need their vote.
Post a Comment