This morning, we received the long awaited email from UNC announcing my fellowship decision - and they've offered me a half scholarship! This is very exciting, and validates our decision to visit both UNC and Duke on my trip to North Carolina this next week (I'll be the only one doing the visiting though - Jonathan can't get away for 11 days!). Still not sure which of the two we'd choose, but I hope the visit will go a long way in making the decision for us!
Of course, there is still a very small chance that the trip won't take place at all; if we get that much-anticipated call from Chicago, stating that I've beaten the overwhelming odds and somehow secured a place in the GSB's class of 2010.
And that brings us to the call waiting section of today's post - it's driving me crazy! I have two huge projects going on at work, both of which require me to make a great deal of phone calls (and of course result in my leaving multiple voicemails and waiting for people to get back to me). Chicago posts decisions on Wednesday, but apparently they like to actually call those who've been accepted to relate the good news in the two days prior - meaning today and tomorrow. So every time the phone rings, my heart jumps a little with the small hope that there's still a chance I got in, usually to be dashed when I check the caller ID. However, our call waiting caller ID has decided to stop working! So here I am, on the phone with some poor person from my company, trying to care about the information they're giving me, when all I can think is "Will you please shut up so I can answer that call don't you understand that I'm waiting for a very important call oh God they hung up shut up shut up shut up!" Or something like that.
I have a feeling that my work product over the next couple of days will be rather shoddy.
- Rose
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment