all things go, all things go.
Drove to Chicago
all things know, all things know."
Sufjan Stevens, anyone?
Well, the latest news is in and a decision has been made - we're moving to CHICAGO!!
Yesterday was a crazy, exciting day. After completely convincing myself that I wasn't going to get that phone call, I was attempting to slog through my work and make a million more phone calls for the projects I'm working on. Then, at 11:24am, the phone rang. Assuming it was someone returning one of the many voicemails I'd left, I checked the caller ID, only to be stunned to see a 773 number and "University of C" on the screen! Already freaking out a little bit, I answered, and Joanne from the admissions committee congratulated me on my admission to the University of Chicago's Graduate School of Business!!
Particularly after not being admitted at Northwestern and Berkeley, we really didn't have much hope for Chicago. And with good reason - it's a top school! According to US News & World Report, it's #5, and according to Business Weekly, it's #1.
So now the real fun begins! Jonathan will start looking for jobs in the Chicago area, and I will start figuring out my school schedule. We're hoping to visit at the end of April for Chicago's admitted students weekend, and then spend a few extra days looking for apartments and (hopefully) going on interviews (that's Jonathan, not me!).
Now, if Jonathan and I can only get over our fear of snow and winter . . .
- Rose
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats!Yaaaaay Rose. Just don't go outside when it's cold and remember sunny Florida is only a short plane ride away.
Thanks! However, if we don't go outside when it's cold, I'm afraid we'll have to stay inside about 6 months each year. I'm not sure how Jonathan's future employer and my professors will feel about that . . .
Post a Comment